Construction of a new single-story, 61,000 square foot hospital. Construction begins in May 2022 and completion is scheduled for fall 2023.
Critical Access Hospitals are important for retaining and recruiting residents, businesses and industry to the area – and often serve as one of the larger employers in their community. This is true for KHS, which employs over 120 individuals. There are many positive impacts that are realized with a new hospital, here are just a few possibilities:
• Estimate of $1.2 million in project increase in employment
• $8.3 million in annual wages, contracts and benefits
• Construction project would generate 200 jobs with over $7 million in salaries over 2 years
• If 10% is spent in the county, we could expect approximately $700,000 in additional sales and services over 2 years
• Beautification of downtown and mitigation of two outdated structures
• Expanded options give residents a choice to receive high quality care in a modern facility close to home